Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Works in Progress

It feels good to be back in the art space tonight. This summer has been especially difficult for our family and I've spent less and less time creating in the last month.  I'm hoping that things are looking up for a bit and I can get back to a more normal routine that includes more art time.  I've really missed having my hands in some paint!

The pieces below are ones that were started early July and haven't been worked on since.  I'm loving the direction each painting is headed and am excited at the possibility of art time this weekend.

The butterfly canvas has many layers and has looked differently through its various stages. This one would have been fun to photograph and look at each layer. I'm looking forward to adding more details and finishing it up soon.

Butterly on 12 x 12 canvas 
Using a block of wood, I made a smaller version of my flowers on canvas that was given to my parents. I absolutely love the many layers of this, one which includes beeswax! The entire background went from an antique-ish brown layer with beeswax to the bright field of flowers below. It really amazes me at the changes a project can take from start to finish. I never know what will happen until I decide, "It's done!" A few smaller flowers and this one will be complete.

Field of flowers on 7 x7 wood block
Originally, the painting below was a mix of outlined flowers. Somehow it morphed into an elephant set against the evening sun. There's quite a bit left to finish on this painting, but I like where it is going and am excited to work on it again soon.

Elephant on 12 x 12 canvas
Unfortunately, I was unable to participate in some of the monthly challenges for July, but am super excited to create something for August. Looking forward to sharing those soon! I'm also looking forward to getting back and seeing what all of you have been creating in the last few weeks! 





4 comments:

  1. Oh I love your creations ~ each one is lovely yet I love elephants and so that is my favorite ~ thanks for visiting and commenting ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the way the elephant painting is going! Looking forward to the end result!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so interesting. Different work and yet the blue color ties them together :)

    ReplyDelete