Thursday, May 4, 2017

Canvas Corp Brands April Challenge and PPF

There are so many fun challenges, weekly and monthly, that I have really enjoyed participating in over the last couple months. A new one I came across is Canvas Corps Brands Challenge. Their theme for this month is FEATHERS.

 I've also been trying to add posts for Paint Party Friday...even if I don't quite make it on Friday! ;P

The following project is for PPF and the CCBC:

Starting with a plain wood box, I added several layers which included: gesso, torn papers, stamping, washi tape, and acrylic paints. Each area of the box is a little different. Some areas have more paint coverage and others a bit less. Using a cute print of material and a piece of quilted material I hand stitched the two pieces together. (My mom would be so proud!) Next I added some hand stitches around the flowers using hot pink embroidery thread. The fabric piece was then adhered to the top of the lid with heavy matte gel.

The top of the box.
Keeping the inside of the box simple, I used sticker lettering (HOPE) and stamping to write the first line of the poem by Emily Dickinson, "Hope is the thing with feathers." The bottom of the box has another piece of the fabric with the quilted backing stitched together. This box will be my place for keeping found objects in nature...acorns, pine cones, feathers, flower petals, etc. When I need a little inspiration, I can peek inside and be inspired!

Inside the box.

The front of the box is decorated with a beaded key.


Front view with key embellishment.

This project was SO MUCH FUN. I love how the box turned out and am looking forward with filling it with my "nature finds."

In addition to the mood board at Canvas Corp Brands, my inspiration came from the poem by Emily Dickinson, "Hope."
http://blog.canvascorpbrands.com/april-challenge-feathers/
#ccbchallenge


10 comments:

  1. Thanks for entering the Canvas Corp Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work on the box, thanks for showing your process!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is amazing and beautiful. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I came over from Paint Party Friday - where I also entered late!
    I love your box - what a fun project. Great color scheme. Thanks for sharing several pictures. It is a nice place to keep your nature finds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely idea, and I could tell you had a lot of fun creating this awesome treasure box! Thanks so much for joining in this month's Canvas Corp Brand challenge! We look forward to seeing you again! Hugs, DT Karla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm already thinking about what I might create for next month. ;P

      Delete
  6. Your box is wonderful. It is so full of life, one can tell you had fun making it. I'm sure you'll enjoy filling it up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for stopping by to check out the recent project. I appreciate all your amazing comments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your projct is wonderful and fantasic!
    Greetings Elke

    ReplyDelete