Sunday, February 5, 2017

Life Book 2016: Roots and Ground, Wings and Light

Last year, I signed up to participate in Life Book classes. It was my third year to take part in the mixed media classes. While I absolutely love everything about LB, I was unable to get many of the lessons completed or interact online with others as much as I would have liked. Since I'm still catching up, I decided not to sign up for the 2017 classes, but instead focus on completing lessons from last year.

Over the last couple weeks, I finally finished Roots and Ground, Wings and Light taught by Tamara Laporte.  It was an excellent lesson and I enjoyed creating this piece. Some of the materials used in this lesson were stencils, Neocolor II water crayons, acrylic paints, gel pens, Posca pens, spackling compound (similar to modeling paste) and torn papers.

The completed project turned out nicely and I like all the bright colors. Neocolor II watercolor crayons are amazing.

Roots and Ground, Wings and Light (Life Book 2016)

Hopefully I will be posting more completed artwork soon. I'm also wrapping up the final week of the Graphic Design class at Coursera, as well as looking forward to the next Mixed Media Monthly challenge!

I added to this cute design using Canva. com 


No comments:

Post a Comment