Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Monthly Mixed Media Challenge: December

December came and went in the blink of an eye! I started the Monthly Mixed Media Challenge and had plenty of time to complete it, but was side tracked so many days that I just put the finishing touches on this morning. While I know the challenge for last month is over, I still wanted to share it! The theme for the month was "Merry and Bright." I decided to depict that with a mixed media Christmas tree. There are quite a few similar ideas of this online, but the one I really liked was at Christy Tomlinson's site. She completed her tree as part of a kit and used a canvas. There's even a video showing the various steps on making your own. I loved the idea and used some of the techniques to create my own. Originally, I had planned on adding the phrase for this month's theme, but decided to leave wording off. Even though it is past the holidays, I plan on storing this and using it for decor next Christmas!


It looks so much better in person than via picture. I've played around with various settings, but still can't get it quite right.
I'll keep practicing though! (Notice the Stampotique flower stamp?)

It looks like January's theme is STENCILS! I"m excited to start working on that today. 








No comments:

Post a Comment