Monday, November 7, 2016

Flow: Mindfulness Workbook

While looking through books and magazines at the store yesterday, I came across one I hadn't seen before, Flow: Mindfulness Workbook. After flipping through the pages, I noticed it's a cross between a magazine and an activity book. I was interested in the articles, but also liked the activities and fun things (bookmarks, sticky notes, stickers, journal) that came along with the book. So, on a whim, I bought it!

After a crazy Monday, I'd like to feel as Zen as the lady on the cover looks!

The opening page of the book includes a book mark and sticky notes. 

As shown above, the book is divided into six sections. Each section includes articles and accompanying activities to complete.

Part One:
Thoughts: Why Do We Take Ourselves So Seriously?

Part Two:
Time: Why Do We Always Feel Hurried? (Personally, I can't wait to get to this section!)

Part Three:
Being Kinder: Why Can't We Be a Little Kinder to Ourselves?
(This section includes an interview with Brene Brown.)

Part Four:
New Things: Why Do We Find New Things So Scary?

Part Five:
Happiness: Why Must We Always Be Happy?

Part Six:
Being: Why Are We Always Busy 'Doing'? Can't We Just BE? (Yes, Yes, and YES! Time to slow down some, right?)

Inside part five: Happiness, there are just over fifty keepsake cards for recording memorable moments.
There are just over fifty of these cute keepsake cards. 

Sunday afternoon I spent a few minutes reading through the introduction and part one. As a result, I did try to practice a bit from the "Meditating for Beginners" section. I went outside and sat for a few minutes, just being there, breathing in the autumn air and enjoying the blooming mums. It was wonderful!

I'm looking forward to exploring the remainder of the book and the activities within its pages. I have enjoyed it thus far and recommend it to anyone looking for something on this topic that also includes activities.

The workbook includes a small journal and poster in the back pocket. 



No comments:

Post a Comment