Monday, January 18, 2016

LifeBook 2016

Hello everyone! It's been a LONG while, but I am trying to get back in the groove of blogging and being creative once again. Life gets so busy! I have found that I am SO MUCH happier when I am creating something. Over the last year, I worked on some original mixed media pieces that were gifts to my mom and sister. I'm currently working on a few other pieces for my home, as well as some others that I hope to print as cards. (Still learning how that entire process works!)


Below is a short slideshow I created with a couple of the pieces I mentioned above. It's the first one I have made, so it is very simplistic!




I found that over the las year I missed being part of an art community. In 2013 and 2014 I had participated in LifeBook classes with Tamara Laporte and many other wonderful teachers.  Last year I did not sign up thinking that I would "catch up" with the lessons I missed in 2014. I laugh a little, just because I didn't actually end up doing that and my books from both years still aren't bound together! (Which is completely fine...they will get done one day!) This year I have a new plan going into LB 2016, and even though I'm already behind on lessons, I'm not going to worry about it. It's about the creating when I have the opportunity, enjoying the lessons, and meeting/interacting with the other awesome "Lifebookers."

This is a short post today, but I am off to create my first lesson in LB. I'll be sharing it soon!

2 comments:

  1. It won't let me view the video. But I love your artwork. I have just started life book. so excited to be a part of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Paula! I'm not sure why the video isn't working, I will have a look at it and see what needs to be fixed. I appreciate you letting me know. :) I have started two Life Book lessons and haven't had the time to finish either of them. Yikes! I'm always behind, but thankful we can download and work on them anytime....now I just need the time. Which ones have you completed so far?Is this your first year or have you participated before? Hope you are having a great time creating so far!!

    ReplyDelete