Sunday, November 16, 2014

Homemade Granola Bars

It's always nice to have a healthy snack on hand...something you can grab when in a hurry...something that will provide good nutrition and keep you going until the next meal. I found just the thing on Angela Liddon's Oh She Glow's website. Last weekend, I decided to make the Feel Good Hearty Granola Bars and I was not disappointed! They were easy to assemble, pop in the oven, and crazy good to eat! 

Finished bars cut into various sizes for snacking on later. I even saved a few for the freezer to have on
hand for the following week.


I made a few substitutions as I didn't have everything in the recipe on hand. Since I was one banana short, I used a 1/2 cup of applesauce. I used pecans instead of walnuts, and whole almonds instead of sliced almonds. I loved the taste and didn't feel like it needed anything extra.


I wrapped each bar in wax paper, taped the ends, and stored a few in the fridge and the others in the freezer.


I really enjoyed this recipe. I don't think I have tried anything on her site or within the cookbook that I didn't like. Some other favorites from her site, Italian Bean Balls (time consuming but SO worth it!),  the Perfect Veggie Burger, and the Easy Overnight Buckwheat Parfait

Do yourself a favor and check out her book, The Oh She Glow's Cookbook or the Oh She Glows website for fantastic recipes. Your taste buds will thank you!









No comments:

Post a Comment