Monday, November 24, 2014

DIY Hair Treatment

After being sick all last week, I decided to pamper myself over the weekend. I slept in, spent some time doing yoga and gave my hair a nourishing oil treatment. One of my favorite oil treatments for hair comes from the book, Organic Beauty.  I love this simple recipe that requires just three ingredients: jojoba oil, sage essential oil, and tea tree essential oil. Jojoba oil is useful whether your scalp is dry or oily. Sage and tea tree oils both have anti-bacterial and cleansing properties, which make them both good choices for an oily scalp.



Oily Hair Treatment
4 tsp Jojoba oil
10 drops sage oil
10 drops tea tree oil

Directions for Use
Mix ingredients together and apply to dry, unwashed hair.
Comb through hair and blow dry for 2-4 minutes. 
Leave on hair 20 minutes (min.) to overnight (max.)
Apply shampoo, wash, rinse, repeat...condition if desired 

For those of you with dry hair give this a try....

Banana Hair Mask
1 ripe banana
1 tbs olive oil

Directions for use:
Mash banana and mix with olive oil. 
Massage mixture into hair.
Wrap hair in plastic or warm towel for 15 minutes.
Rinse, shampoo, condition

I hope you enjoy this treatment as much as I have over the years. It's simple to create, has limited natural ingredients, and is healthy for your hair!



No comments:

Post a Comment