Monday, October 27, 2014

Tulsa Run

We signed up to participate in the 15K at Tulsa Run months ago. I can't believe it is already here. My training has been a lot of ups and down over the last month or so. Some weeks I was able to get in speed work and tempos and other weeks it just didn't happen. It is always a challenge to train in the heat, which never truly seems to let go until November.  I recently saw on the news that this October is one of the top 10 hottest on record for the state....we are still having temps near the 90's in October!  (Thankfully a cool front rolled in late today!!)

Saturday morning we left early 5:45 a.m., heading to Tulsa.  Several car loads full of friends traveled along with us.  A group of guys, including Roger, signed up to participate in the Masters Championship. They were speedy enough to take second place and win $50 each! Congrats guys!


Jason B., Roger, and Jason H. take second place at the 15K Championships at Tulsa Run.

The course is usually hilly, but this year it was extremely hilly! After we had signed up, they changed the course due to road construction. I'm pretty sure it was 85-90% hills. I felt like the entire run was uphill with a few downhills. It was definitely the toughest Tulsa Run that I've ever ran! Not only was the course tough, the weather was very warm. I was proud of finishing with a 1:15:27, which averages out to about 8:09 pace. Not a PR run for me, but a good confidence builder! (Secretly, I was feeling rather tough after running all those hills!)

After the run, the large group of us went to eat at Blue Moon Cafe. It was a great time to visit and enjoy some tasty food after a long run. If you are ever in the Tulsa area, I would recommend it!

Thinking about running Tulsa Run in the future? Find course details and more at the Tulsa Sports website.







     


No comments:

Post a Comment