Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Quick and Easy DIY Body Lotion Bars

Last year, while searching for some easy recipes for DIY bath and body products, I came across a great idea on Pinterest. Sarah, from Frugal by Choice, had shared a 3-ingredient recipe for making the best body lotion bars on the planet! I made them last year and they were so amazing that I've made them several times since then as birthday gifts, thank you gifts, and again recently for Christmas gifts.

If you are looking for that last minute gift idea, these are quick and easy to make! There are many molds to choose from... gingerbread man mold, christmas tree mold, or something else, and with three main ingredients: beeswax pellets, organic coconut oil, and almond oil  you're ready to begin! 

Gather your ingredients and get started by following the directions below:

Ingredients: I used one cup of each ingredient which made 19 lotion bars. This will vary depending on the
mold you decide to use.

First, melt your beeswax. I used my double boiler and placed it on medium heat.


Next, add the coconut oil and allow it to melt.



Finally, add the almond oil and allow it to melt too.


I placed the melted mixture into a large measuring glass
for ease in pouring. (Otherwise it may have ended up all over the counter! )
If you want to add essential oil, do it now before pouring into the molds.

Choose your mold and pour.

Allow to set for several hours to overnight.

Since I am sharing these as Christmas gifts, I wanted a festive package. I purchased several decorative fabric bags at Wal-Mart (I've also seen them at Hobby Lobby), used some handmade papers for the typed ingredients list, and a gold ribbon to tie the bar to a separate piece of paper. Then I neatly tucked it all inside the gift bag. Adding a Starbuck's gift card made my present complete!
                          
Homemade body lotion bar...ready to be packaged and shared with others!
Packaged and ready to give as a gift!
This is one of my favorite DIY recipes. I hope that you enjoy it as well!

2 comments:

  1. So cute, Courtney. You are the clever one. Have never tried this. Hope your giveaway goes well.
    Blessings, Coleen in Ukraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Coleen! The bars are really fantastic for dry skin, lips, cuticles, etc. My husband actually suggested the giveaway and I can't wait to see how the Punch Tab selector works.

    Hope you are doing well and had a good holiday. Just a few more days and we will be starting LB2014. It's going to be so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete