Monday, December 9, 2013

Journal Pages

I've been working on several projects lately, but at the top of my list was finishing LB journal pages. I can't believe it is almost time to bind them all together in a book! So, in preparation, I spent some time yesterday putting the final touches on each page.

This page resulted from the "Favorite Words" lesson by Monica Zuniga. I love how this page turned out.  I used the book, Creative Lettering, to practice some of my lettering techniques. I was even inspired to dream up a few of my own designs. 


"Graphite Feather" lesson by Tamora Laporte....Wow! Another great lesson in which I learned so much...the instructions for creating the feather were perfect. Originally, I hadn't added much color, so I went back and added more...along with a decorative border around the feather. I thought about adding a quote, but then decided against it. Sometimes it is hard to know when to stop. :)

I'm feeling good to have finished two pages, and now really need to start work on some Christmas gifts! I really should do this in the summer when we are on break, but I always seem to get sidetracked!

Anyway, I have decided to sign up for Lifebook 2014!! That's where I'm headed after I finish this post. I can't imagine not participating next year. It has been an absolute joy to work on the projects from 2013 and learn so many different techniques from various teachers. The teacher line up for 2014 looks incredible! Come join us!








2 comments:

  1. Your pages are coming along nicely. It's always so interesting to see how each Life Booker interprets a theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I agree...everyone's is so unique, and it is fun to see how each one turns out. Your book looks so nice. It is a great compilation of your pages! Are you signing up for LB 2014 also?

    ReplyDelete