Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Works in Progress


I've been trying to incorporate more creative activities into my days lately, and have recently started two new journal pages. I had originally started the face below to submit for the Cloth, Paper, Scissors colorful faces challenge. I had it completely drawn and then remembered the requirement for using colored pencils and markers. Since I had drawn it on watercolor paper (oops!), I didn't like the texture for this project. I did like the face, so I decided to use watercolors and continue working on the page. You can't tell by looking at the photo, but it's small. Just a 4 x 4.



In case you missed it in my previous post, the face below is what I submitted for the challenge.  I used mixed media paper, Prismacolor pencils, and neon Sharpie markers! I love how the colors turned out. I even used the neon Sharpie markers to address my envelope. 


The other work in progress is a journal page that I am creating for my sister. A few weeks back, I shared with her a Halloween page that I had created with a cat. She wanted one, but requested a dog instead. My sister is not only a dog lover (she has five of her own), but also rescues dogs, and finds many of them new homes. She's awesome like that! So, I started the page below for her. 




Have you created anything this week? Please share! I look forward to looking at everyone's work. 


“This world is but a canvas to our imagination.” ~Thoreau

1 comment: