Thursday, July 12, 2012

Messy Book on the Beach

Earlier this summer, I visited the beautiful state of Oregon! Messy Book went along for the journey and had quite the experience at Rockaway Beach.


It all started here. I sat down to do some journaling on the beach. It was a beautiful evening!


After journaling, I decided to do some messy artwork. (Notice my friend in the background.)


MB gets buried in the sand. I am having a lot of fun, and notice that I am being watched...


This little guy was quite curious and wondered what I was doing.


I kept working, and built a sand castle over the top of where I buried MB.

Then.....
I stomped ALL OVER IT!!


Stomping was fun too, but now it was time for something bigger. So I dug up MB.

At this point, my lil friend was getting super curious, and slowly came closer and closer. So I put MB on the sand and observed what happened....


He walked all the way over to the book, decided it wasn't something to eat, and wondered off again! He didn't leave the area though. He hung out with me the entire time I was on the beach!


Check out how close he got to MB, before heading off and away from it.



The final MB adventure....
Hmmm....what do you think happened?


YIKES!!!! Okay, I confess, I orginally was going to rescue MB from the wave. Trying to get the perfect picture, I wasn't fast enough to save MB from a total soaking!! I must say, I DO LOVE this picture!


Drying out a tad before going back inside. It took MB a day to get all the way dry, and now the pages are super crinkly and filled with bits of sand. :)

This messy adventure was the most fun of all!! What could be better than an adventure on the Oregon coast? I loved visiting there and hope to go back some day!

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! Looks like it was lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE this - the wave pic is fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete