Sunday, July 1, 2012

The Color Run

Last Saturday, several of us headed to Tulsa to participate in The Color Run. Roger and I met up Tracy and road together to Tulsa EARLY that morning. (We got up at 4:00 a.m., which is starting to be the norm for many of our runs this summer. Gotta beat that heat!)


Tracy and I before the color starting flying.

Roger and I pre-run.


The race started at 8:00 a.m., but with a group of over 10,000 participants, getting started was a slow process. Every five minutes, 1,000 runners were set free on the streets of Tulsa, while the rest of us waited...and waited.....and waited....and played!


Color packets being tossed into the waiting crowd....a green packet landed right in Roger's hand! (Since we had a ton of yellow packets and no green ones, we pulled out a yellow to play with in the start area.)



Who says waiting can't be fun?

After about an hour, we got to run...kinda. The streets were very crowded, but we managed a walk/run for the entire route. Of course, walking through the color zones to get optimum color coverage!

Here's a few pics of what it looked like along the way....
Roger's shirt looking pretty cool.

This volunteer was "baptizing" people with blue! I needed a little extra color for my hair. 


Looking good in blue!


In the yellow zone...

What? I have no color on my back? Let me fix that!



Roger is having a blast and is looking awesome in his colorful shirt. 



Heading for the finish line!



We saved our color packets for afterwards....so here's a few pics of the after run celebrations....


Tracy and I decided that Roger needed a little MORE color. 

He looks much better now, right?

One last color fling...

The best color job I've had this year! Too bad it didn't last. :(


Hanging out and chatting post run.

Overall, The Color Run was a lot of fun and I highly recommend it!










No comments:

Post a Comment