Friday, April 13, 2012

Blogging Again!

Third time's a charm? I hope so. I've been very successful at starting a blog, but not so much at keeping up with one. I have recently decided to try again after being inspired by several of the blogs that I am reading. In addition, I signed up for a free book workshop with Lisa from The Wright Brain Stuff. I ordered and received the book, Mess: The Manual of Accidents and Mistakes, in the mail yesterday. It's basically a book about making a mess. Like I really need any help with that, as I am fairly messy already! This type of mess is a little different though. It's about making a creative mess. Sounds like fun, right? The first challenge was to
"Open the book at a random page and follow the instructions no matter how uncomfortable they make you feel (no cheating and picking another page). Give it your all..."
So, that is just what I did tonight. I opened the book and randomly selected a page. My challenge,
"Create a series of thumbprints as the basis for drawing other objects (i.e. doodle over top of them). Also, try working with handprints."
I started! The blue stamp pad was completely dry, so I dipped my fingers into the green pad and printed away. Then I added a few illustrations around the prints. I'm still working on it, but can't wait to see how it turns out. The most difficult thing...not to think too much about what I was doing and just do it. Hopefully, I will be back very soon to post some pics. I'm looking forward to seeing what others in the group are working on as well. Update: Here's the pic of green finger prints. I did quite a few prints on the upper half of the page, then turned it into a tree! I didn't finish this pic, so it's just the tree so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment