With much consulting with my sister, who looked at about ten different designs this evening (via texts), a layout was finally selected and put into motion.
The lighting is a bit dark, so I plan on photographing it in natural daylight this weekend and updating the photos, but for tonight here's what it looks like:
|I've laid out the journal facing down. The cover page is on the left and the back of the journal is on the right.|
|A closer look at the cover|
The below photos are a few I took along the way. I used my Strathmore Visual Journal. The cover is brown with a slight bit of texture already. Additional texture was created using molding paste, stencils, and crackle paint (also new to me).
|After several layers of white gesso, I added additional texture with molding paste.|
|Layers of paint, stenciling and handwritten phrases with a gel pen.|
The final step was deciding what chipboard pieces I wanted to utilize for this project and how/if I was going to paint them. I started with completely different pieces than what I actually used for the finished project. It was quite the journey trying to select a favorite layout.
Below are just a few of the wonderful chipboard pieces I received in the mail last week. I can't wait to use more of them!!
|A sample of the wonderful chipboard pieces I received from BoozyBear.|